We work a lot with ones and zeros at Dashlane, but when you’re applying for a job with us, we want you to feel like you’re more than just a number. We’re committed to ensuring that your experience with us is worthwhile, and that whatever the outcome, you had the opportunity to do your best, and maybe even to learn something new.
To alleviate some of the stress that comes with interviewing for a new job and to help you prepare, we’re giving you a sneak peek into how we hire. This article describes what our interview process generally looks like and is relevant regardless of which position you’re interested in across all three of our offices. You’ll receive more tailored information specific to the position you apply for when we start our conversation.
How do I know if Dashlane is the right place for me?
We believe you would love working with us if:
- You’re looking to work on a truly international team. We’re based in the heart of three tech hubs (Central Paris, the Flatiron District in New York City, and Chiado in Lisbon), and we stay connected and collaborate on a daily basis. For that reason, our working language is English, and (if not otherwise mentioned in the job description) we don’t require you to speak other languages. This enables us to recruit candidates from all over the world. Collectively we speak more than 20 languages across 3 offices and we often organize language lunches to practice French and Portuguese.
- You want to do meaningful work. We’re committed to putting users first and empowering them to have more ownership of their digital identity. Our mission is to enable a radically easier internet and help people manage their digital lives without compromising on security and convenience. To read further thoughts on why this is the work that matters now, take a look at this article by Joy Howard, our Chief Marketing Officer.
- You identify with the values we care about. We put our teams first and we are conscious of cultivating a culture in which everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging. Each of us brings to the team different personal experiences, backgrounds, and interests, but what unites us is our commitment to the values that shape our organization. Throughout the interviewing process, we will assess how you demonstrate these values in your work, because we believe they are important to be successful in our environment.
- You’re looking for ownership and autonomy. We’re building in an entirely new category, which often means breaking away from traditional ways of doing things. You will be encouraged to take initiative, assume ownership of projects, and participate in delivering a quality product to millions of users.
We’re committed to providing an excellent candidate experience
Our hiring teams are very involved when looking for a new team member, and we on the Talent team share with them some important guidelines that ensure we provide you with a great experience:
- We invest in constructive and transparent communication. It starts from the moment you hit send on the job application. We believe that if you took the time to apply, we should take the time to get back to you, regardless of whether we think you could be a fit for the role or not. If we move forward, a recruiter from our Talent team will be your point of contact and keep you updated so that you always know where you stand. We also encourage you to ask us questions throughout the interviewing process. It helps us to make sure you have all the information you need, and also to understand what motivates you.
- We aim to have an efficient hiring process. We try to move swiftly through the interview process while remaining respectful of your other commitments. As a distributed team, we can easily adapt your interviews if you need to interview remotely.
- We give you lots of opportunities to learn how we do things. We think that the more information you have about how we work, the easier it is for you to make a choice that aligns best with what really matters to you in your job and career. Early in the process, we will also make sure you have access to Dashlane Premium so that you can dive deeper into what you will be working on when you join us.
- We value your feedback. We truly believe in transparency and always raising the bar, because it’s not only our mission teams that are committed to continuous improvement. We in the Talent team also always look for ways to work smarter. We will send you a survey at two stages of the process, asking you about what worked and what we could improve upon in the future. It is important to us to keep learning from our candidates and adapt the process when necessary.
With these points in mind, let’s have a look at what an interview process at Dashlane generally looks like.
A tour of our hiring process
If your background fits the requirements of the position, we will start by organizing an introductory call to discover more about you and give you an opportunity to ask questions. After this, you’ll meet the hiring manager and dig deeper into the responsibilities and challenges of the role. If the hiring manager sees you as a fit for the team, we will invite you to our office to meet more members of the team you will be joining. For some roles, before an onsite interview, we include a take-home test which you will be asked to present to a member of your future team or panel of interviewers.
Before onsite interviews, we send you a short interview guide to make sure you feel prepared and comfortable. We’ve included some tips as well as answers to the most common questions candidates tend to have at this stage, such as: What does the rest of the process look like? How should I prepare for the interviews? And of course: Where’s the office?
Once we meet you at one of our three offices, you get to experience how we work day-to-day. If you have a chance to arrive a little early, one of us from the Talent team will give you a tour of the office. Then it’s time to choose a drink in the café, get comfortable in one of the meeting rooms, and get ready to meet some of the Dashlaners you would work most closely with. The goal of these interviews is to assess the skills we believe are essential for the role and give you an opportunity to get to know our environment, challenges, and future projects. Typically, the process comprises several face-to-face meetings and, depending on the position, a case study, portfolio review, or presentation. For engineering positions, you will have two technical interviews with our developers.
Final steps of the process
Lastly, it’s time to meet members of our leadership team, and a Bar Raiser, a carefully selected Dashlaner from outside of your future department, who will challenge you on your soft skills and assess how well you reflect our values.
Before these last discussions, we’ll send you a link to a quick behavioral test which helps us learn as much as possible about your work style and prepare interview questions. While we gather feedback from all the Dashlaners you met with to decide if we will make an offer, we’ll also ask you for a few references in order to gain a complete perspective on what you would bring to Dashlane. Then it’s your call—will you join the Dashlane mission?
Explore the job opportunities across all our teams and apply here. We’re waiting to hear from you!