Last Updated: June 2, 2016
A few weeks ago, I showed you how to use Dashlane’s Safari extension on your iPhone and iPad. This time, I want to show you how to automatically log into websites saved in your brand-new, redesigned Dashlane iPhone and iPad accounts using the Chrome app!
The power of Dashlane’s Password Manager is now combined with the speed and convenience of Google Chrome, so you’ll never skip a beat when you’re on the go! Just like the desktop version, Chrome’s mobile app gives you access to Incognito Mode, Bookmarks, Recent Tabs, Browser History, and voice searches. You can also sync bookmarks and other browsing data, so you can easily pick up where you left off as you transition between devices. When paired with Dashlane, you’ll be able to seamlessly log into websites saved in your Dashlane account!
Haven’t used our Dashlane extension with the Chrome iOS app before? No problem. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to activate and use your Dashlane Chrome extension on iOS devices.
How to Activate Dashlane’s Chrome Extension
- First, go to the “Tools” tab on the bottom menu bar, and select “Dashlane Extension” on the “Tools” page.
- On the next screen, tap the “Add Dashlane” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you’ll see a menu with two “More” boxes on two different rows. Select the “More” box on the bottom row.
- From there, you will be taken to an “Activities” page, where you’ll see “Dashlane” and a toggle button. To activate Dashlane, swipe right on the toggle button.
- Once you tap “Done”, you’ll be taken back to the previous screen, where the Dashlane extension should appear in your menu box!
There you have it! You’re ready to start automatically logging into your favorite websites in the Chrome app!
Auto-Login with Dashlane’s Chrome Extension
If you enjoy using Dashlane to quickly log you into your favorite websites in Chrome on your Mac or PC, you’ll get a kick out of using it on your iPhone or iPad!
- To get started, go to the sign-in page of the website you want to log into. In the top right, select the three horizontal dots to open Chrome’s main menu, and select the “Share” button on the left.
- When the second menu pops up, select “Dashlane”.
- Next, you’ll be asked to verify your account by entering your Dashlane PIN number, Master Password, or using Touch ID.
- Then, if you have more than one credential for that website, select which credential you’d like to use to auto-login.
- If not, Dashlane will automatically sign you in. That’s all there is to it.
Now it’s your turn! Give Dashlane’s Chrome extension a try and leave your feedback in the comments below.
And we haven’t forgotten about our Android users! I’ll have more handy “How-to” articles for you too. Make sure you stay tuned to our blog for more!