Last Updated: June 2, 2016
Do you remember the last time you spent time manually signing into an app on your iOS device? Probably not, unless you recently got a new iPhone or iPad and had to re-install all of your apps.
At one point or another, we’ve forgotten a password to a mobile app and had to go through the process of tapping “Forgot Password,” opening your email account, following the “Reset Password” link, creating a new password, resetting your password, and re-entering that password into your phone…talk about a headache!
Forgetting a password to an app, combined with the process of resetting your password on an iPhone or iPad is cumbersome. Luckily, Dashlane can safely store and quickly auto-fill your passwords into supported iPhone and iPad apps! That means you can continue to Slack with your co-workers, order lunch with Caviar, and check on your flight status with FlightAware in a few taps, and without worrying about forgetting your password!
How to Enable Dashlane with iOS Apps
- First, go to the “Tools” tab on the bottom menu bar, and select “Dashlane Extension” on the “Tools” page.
- On the next screen, tap the “Add Dashlane” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you’ll see a menu with two “More” boxes on two different rows. Select the “More” box on the bottom row.
Using Dashlane to Auto-Login to iOS Apps
Now that you’ve activated your Dashlane extension, you’re ready to take our auto-login feature for a spin!
- Get started by going to the login page on one of our integrated apps of choice and tap the password manager symbol in the Password field.
- Then, you’ll see a menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the Dashlane icon that appears on that menu.
- Next unlock the access to your Dashlane account with Touch ID, PIN code, or your master password when prompted.
- Then, select which account credential you’d like to auto-login with.
- And voila! You’re ready to start Buffering, Slacking, Tweeting, or Hip Chatting!
Dashlane’s auto-login feature is supported by nearly 200 of your favorite iOS apps, including Twitter, Hip Chat, Buffer, Tumblr, JUST EAT, Caviar, eBay, Uber, Foursquare, and many more! Feel free to check out our full list of support apps here.
Now, try using Dashlane to sign into an iOS app! Which app did you choose? Tell me all about your experience in the comments below!
As always, stay tuned to our blog for the latest news!